Thursday, October 2, 2014

Technical Difficulties and WAR DINOSAURS!!

Also I've been kicking around an idea for a Fantasy novel again. I kind of liked where one of the many games of Pathfinder I was playing in (and...the game kinda...stalled...I guess?) could have been headed. I also found the campaign setting that my friend came up with really interesting. It was kind of a steampunkish...mid 1800's Western America...thing... With Elves and Orcs and all that stuff too. It was kinda strange and I was really looking forward to exploring the setting. 
Also I got to be the comedic relief after a fashion. I was playing a Half Elf bounty hunter that had lived out on the plains with other Elves most of her life and, as such, had a pretty poor command of the Common language. For instance: a wanted poster said "Please inquire within". My character marched into the sheriff's office, looked him straight in the eye and said "I have come to see the singing people about the money." and handed him the poster. Since I delivered that line absolutely serious and completely deadpan the entire group cracked up. 
I was looking forward to playing the character more because I also most likely would have gotten to utter my favorite line from the classic 2005 Nicolas Cage film Lord of War:
a

As a quick aside a few years ago I actually managed to sell a semi automatic AK clone to a guy in a gun store that I didn't even work in by reciting Nicolas Cage's monologue praising that particular firearm.
 
And...well...if I wanted to go full on epic Fantasy of Epicness....there's always......
GODDAMN WAR DINOSAURS!!! SUCK IT, TOLKIEN!! TAKE YOUR LITTLE OLIPHAUNTS AND GO HOME!! WINNING!!!1!

No comments:

Post a Comment