Monday, February 4, 2013

Outbreak News and Other Things...

***WARNING!! CONTAINS CUSS WORDS AND OTHER NSFW TYPE LANGUAGE!!
Hey everybody! How goes? Here's the latest news on the new book (Outbreak: Brave New World): I entered it into a contest where the top prize is a $50,000 advance and a publishing contract. It would be awesome like backflippin' ninja monkeys if I won so I'm crossing my fingers. I might be publishing it sooner than anticipated, but we'll see. I'm still looking for an artist to do some cover art for it cheap, as well as a cover for the first book, Outbreak: Boston. 
I'll probably end up putting the first chapter of Outbreak: Brave New World as a blog post soon, so there's something for you guys to look forward to if you're interested.
I also started work on a sequel to the sequel, but I'm not entirely sure if I like what I've done so far. Might just scrap it and start from scratch. I'm not sure, because I like some of it but not all of it.
I'd also like to take a moment and thank everybody who have forked over some of their hard earned cash to buy my book. If you enjoyed it, please take a moment to write a review on Outbreak: Boston's Amazon.com page. I've also got a Facebook page for the book(s), so look for it on there if you've got a mind to.
Also, in the off chance you've been living under a rock, The Walking Dead resumes this weekend. Can anybody explain to me the reasoning behind this splitting the seasons up bullshit that seems to have become so goddamn popular in recent years? What is the point of it? It seems like every goddamn show does it (or at least the like two shows I watch).
I mean it sort of made sense in a 'marketing execs totally ripping off the fans' kind of a way back when shows like Battlestar: Galactica used to do that Season 1.5 bullshit and charge you $55-60 for half a season but I don't think they're even doing that any more. So...what's the deal? Why can't we have all the episodes in a row without the two or three months in between? What's the fuckin' point of it, other than to mildly annoy the fans and possibly put out some crappy show in between, hoping people will tune in? On the other hand, judging how The Walking Dead goes through behind the scenes guys they might need the extra time to sort everything out and get the new guys up to speed.
I did dig the Super Bowl commercial with Daryl Dixon, though. I couldn't stay awake to watch the game...well...if we're being perfectly honest, the commercials in between the game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment